zaterdag 31 december 2011

Cranberries love nuts bars, again

I already made these bars for my daughters birthday, as you may have seen in an earlier post. But I wasn't completely happy with the result. There was too much butter in the recipe, it dripped from my backing tin when it stood in the oven. So I decided to try another recipe, I found it on Pinterest. One of my addictions. You can see my pinterest here

The recipe came from this blog.



See my measuring cups :) I'll admit I am a sucker for these kind of things.

I slightly adapted the recipe. Used pecans and a cranberry mix. Don't think I would be an all pecan kinda girl... Love the taste (and colour) of the cranberry.

Ingredients

Crust:
225 gr unsalted butter in cubes
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 2/3 cup flour
½ ts salt

Topping:
115 gr unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 ts whipping or heavy cream
200 gr cranberry/nuts mix
75 gr pecans

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 160 celsius and line a 24 cm tin with greaseproof paper, don't use foil, it will stick a bit.

Mix the butter and brown sugar together thoroughly with a handmixer or if you are a lucky girl with you stand mixer. Add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly. It will look like sand with some clumbs. Press into the lined tin and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Prepare the filling by combining butter, brown sugar, honey and cream in a saucepan and stir it over medium heat. Simmer for a minute and through in the nuts and cranberries.

Remove the crust from the oven when ready and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust spreading it to cover the entire surface. It will then look like this. (And yes, I used tin foil and yes, I told you not too from experience, lol)

















Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes. Let it cool down to room temparature first and then cool further in the fridge. After that cutting is easy. I cut it in four pieces, devided those pieces in two and those pices in three. Makes a total of 24 pieces of yummy, gooey, stickey paradise!







































This is how they turned out. As you can see the crust is quite dark, ofcourse because of the dark brown sugar. Next time I will use light brown or white sugar.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten