zaterdag 31 december 2011

Peanut blondies

For the new years party we will be attending tonight I made some peanutbutter blondies. The recipe came from Carolines blog, again. It can be found here I slightly adjusted it. Instead of 150 grams of salted nuts I used 100 grams and I added 50 grams of white chocolate. It was what I had at hand. Didn't feel like going out for more groceries. In december I sometimes think I live at the supermarket. My oven is fan driven, and I guess Caroline's isn't. Because my blondies don't have the brownie stucture they should have, or I wanted them to have. They came out pretty dry. Still taste good though! See me preparing here. (Yes I was dressed for something else, dinner with the family, smart huh? But I survived without staining my clothes)
And this is how they turned out. I hope they will be liked tonight.
Slightly adapted from Caroline Brouwer
Ingredients
- 135 gr flour
- 1/2 ts backing powder
- 1/2 ts cinnamon (I will leave it out next time)
- 1/4 ts baking soda
- 1/4 ts salt
- 125 gr peanutbutter with nuts
- 70 gr unsalted butter
- 150 gr sugar
- 150 gr light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 ts vanilla extract
- 100 gr chopped salted peanuts
- 175 gr chopped milk chocolate
- 50 gr chopped white chocolate

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 180 celcius (or 160 fan driven) and line a 24 cm pan with foil or backing paper.

Mix (with a fork) the flour, backing powder, cinnamon (optional) backing soda and salt in a bowl. Mix the peanutbutter and butter together untill softened, add both sugars and the vanilla extract and mix them through thoroughly. Add the eggs one by one and keep on mixing. You will have a very soft mixture right now. Add the dry ingredients and mix them through with the mixer for a short while, after that use a fork or spatula to mix in the chocolate and peanuts. Transfer the dough to the lined pan and bake for 40 minutes.

The blondies will be golden brown. Don't cut untill completely cool.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige foto! Ze zien er bij jou mooier uit dan bij mij! Fijne jaarwisseling, Caroline

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ooooh wow.... klinkt goed en ziet er super lekker uit!! Mjammmm

    Fijne jaarwisseling.

    xx Tessa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen