zaterdag 7 januari 2012

Pasta salad with tuna and a some good advice

Let me tell you something before I start giving you the ingredients for this delicious pasta salad. The most important thing about a pasta salad is, in my humble opinion, the pasta you use. I am not (much of a ) snob but when it comes to pasta, only one brand is allowed in my kitchen. It's De Cecco. A little sidestep...

When Dordt and I were on our honeymoon in Italy a long time ago  (at least it seems to be long ago) I was in an Italian supermarket and saw a whole ile of DeCecco pasta. Then I knew it was good! After finding it at home here too, I never used any different. In the Netherlands it can be bought at Jumbo supermarkten. It's not expensive, at least not compared to other brands. And you will notice the difference in taste and texture. Please try?

This is what I will be eating tonight.



I will give you the ingredients to my super simple tuna pasta salad now.

Ingredients:

300 grams DeCecco pasta (or any other GOOD brand)
1 tin of tuna fish on water
1 or 1/2 roasted peper (I use pre - roasted)
50 grams of roasted pine nuts
75 grams of parmesan cheese, grated
1 tbs olive oil (use a good one!)
1 ts salt, fresly grinded
1/2 ts peper, fresly grinded
Fresh or frozen basilicum



Preparation:

Boil water for the pasta and follow the instructions of the pasta you are using. When the pasta is ready, rinse it with cold water and put aside.

Get a big bowl and put in the olive oil, (diced) roasted peper, roasted pine nuts, salt, peper, drained tuna and parmesan cheese.

It will look like this.





























Now add the drained an cooled pasta and mix together.

Eet smakelijk as we say in Dutch!


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Mjummmm.... souds good! And: I'll seach for De Cecco pasta, some pasta's are so sticky and glue-ish :-S And I'm to lazy to make my own pasta ;-)

    xx Tesa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen